Viljoen's Praise & Prayer Information
- For God’s daily guidance, grace and love. It is such a privilege to walk with Jesus and reveal His “presence” each day to other people!
- For all of you who are are praying for us and supporting us!
- Our OMF support at the end of July, 2020 is 85%. (We continue to be dependent on OMF support, through your gifts, because COEN is only able to provide for the Café expenses).
- For the truly amazing opportunity we have at Café COEN, COEN English and the COEN Bible Community!
- For Hiromi, and Keith and Celia Olson’s ministry together with us.
- Thank you, Lord, for your touch on Hiromi’s father’s heart!
- That we were able to get a week off on August - very needed!
- That the Cafe and Bible Community have been protected from COVID19.
- Pray that the half a million yen needed for rent and the expenses for staffing and utilities would be met each month. The Cafe, English program and Bible Community (church) all meet at the Cafe, with many precautions in place.
- Pray the Dale will continue be able to understand the constantly changing business tax situation. The Japanese is technical!
- For Hiromi, the main English teacher and “continuation person,” to be blessed and strengthened in her ministry. Hiromi is tired and her parents (in Hakodate) are elderly with various health problems. Please pray for Hiromi’s parents to turn to Jesus.
- For Karen who is now the Café manager. (The Café is [usually] open from 11 am to 5 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays; English teaching [usually] takes place each day of the week except for Sundays when the COEN Bible Community meets for worship.)
- That God will continue to give us volunteers, both short and long term, to run the Café and to connect with the Japanese people who attend. A volunteer with qualifications to teach English as a second language could join us as soon as the travel and entry restrictions are lifted, but this may be in 2021…
- For Dale & Karen to continue to be refreshed and renewed.
- For blessing as we lead, preach and teach the Bible Community, along with Keith and Celia Olson.
Sapporo Chuo (Central) Christian Church
- May the many not-yet-following-Jesus people who are in some way connected to Central Church have the faith and courage to follow the Lord.
- Pastor Ozawa lectures at the Hokkaido Bible Institute, serves on the main HBI committee that oversees the courses, and of course is busy pastoring at Sapporo Central Church. Pray for grace, wisdom and strength.
- Please pray for the elderly and frail in the church.
- Pray for grace for Dale as he compiles the quarterly prayer booklet (in Japanese) for Central church.
- Michael and Haruhi Widmer are also OMF workers who attend Chuo Church. Michael and Haruhi teach at the Hokkaido Bible Institute and Haruhi is also involved with giving language advice at OMF's Language and Culture Center. Haruhi’s mother is not very well.
- We are both very tired so appreciate prayer for FOCUS, REST and refreshment.
- For more intercessors (for Japan and for ourselves)!
- For us to be 100% supported through OMF, and for Cafe COEN to be in the black.
- This year, Dale has only had 15% of the weddings he normally conducts due to COVID19. This directly impacts cash flow and COEN finances.
- Please pray for the concept of “grace” to be rediscovered in the Japanese (and Western) church.
- Please continue to pray for God to guide and provide for Dale's three sons (one in South Africa; two in Hokkaido).
- Pray that God will continue to meet our personal financial needs, and provide a place for us to live long-term.
more information for long-term prayer
- We continue to support the Japanese pastor and his wife (Pastor and Mrs. Ozawa) in prayer. They are doing a tremendous job - grace filled preaching, teaching and living.
- Dale collates and produces a prayer booklet for this Church 3-4 times a year.
- Karen serves on the OMF Hokkaido Sector Leadership Team, along with the team leader and his wife and three others.
- Dale serves as the OMF representative on Hocmin, an interdenominational group that seeks to build up churches in Hokkaido. Hocmin was very involved with ministering to the Iwate area after the 2011 tsunami and now is networking with and training pastors in Hokkaido in order to respond to a “local” disaster that may occur.
- Dale serves on the Keswick Convention preparation meetings.
- Wedding ministry — Dale. This involves conducting weddings with the opportunity to speak about the Living Creator God who through Jesus reveals and gives us His love. 99.9% of all in the congregations have never heard this! This ministry is loosely linked to Chuo Church, and we seek to link the couples to Chuo Church and other churches.
- Counselling non-Christian couples.
- Evangelising the couples at Christmas time and with New Year cards and Christmas evangelistic presents.
- Both of us: opportunities encouraging other foreigners and missionaries.
Chuo Church = Sapporo Chuo (Central) Evangelical Christian Church
JECA = Japanese Evangelical Church Association
HOCMIN = Hokkaido Christian Mission Network
TCK = Third Cultural Kid
PTL = Praise the Lord!
US = United States of America
SA = South Africa
12 ways to focus our prayers for revival in japan
1 Workers for the Harvest Field
Lord, raise up missionaries, pastors, evangelists, lay leaders, witnesses in the workplace.
2 Unity and Cooperation
Lord, may churches work together, seek to overcome differences, love one another.
3 Equipped for Battle
Lord, help your people to fight with spiritual armour and shine as lights in the darkness.
4 OMF Japan
Lord, show us clearly what we should be and do as we are here ‘for such a time as this.’
5 Spiritual Vitality
Lord, may your people worship you joyfully, serve you wholeheartedly, witness boldly.
6 Pastors and Churches
Lord, encourage and envision pastors; may churches overflow with love, joy and hope.
Lord, may whole families believe in Jesus, from small children to elderly grandparents.
8 The Political Scene
Lord, grant restraint to leaders and strengthen believers to stand firm when it gets tough.
Lord, purify your church, help your people to live holy lives and deal with secret sins.
10 Evangelism and Discipleship
Lord, may your people be built up in their faith and have a passion to proclaim the gospel.
11 Tohoku Vision 2015: to see 30 workers in Tohoku
Lord, have mercy on Tohoku, provide the needed workers and bring many to know Jesus.
12 Repentance, Renewal, Revival!
Lord, bring many to repentance, renew your people and revive your church.
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
To walk with the Living God,
glorifying Him each day as we reveal
His love and grace.